“towards a just, peaceful, and civilized global society”
Founded in 1957, the Undergraduate Program in International Relations at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UPIR UGM) is the first of its kind in Indonesia.
Since 2011, UPIR UGM offers both a regular and an international program. Under Kurikulum 2015, it offers three concentrations:
- Global Politics and Security
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- International Political Economy and Development
|Program Title||Undergraduate Program of International Relations, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UPIR UGM)|
|Teaching and Awarding Institution||Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Science, Universitas Gadjah Mada|
|Degree Awarded||Sarjana Ilmu Politik (S.I.P.) – Bachelor of International Relations|
|Year of Establishment||1957|
· UGM Senate Regulation, 10 July 1957, in conjunction with Government Regulation 15/1957
· Direktur Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Republik Indonesia Decree 221/DIKTI/Kep/1996, 11 July 1996, on Undergraduate Programs in Universitas Gadjah Mada (signed by the Director of Higher Education, Bambang Soehendro)
|Accreditation||A (awarded by the National Accreditation Body (BAN-PT), in 1998, 2004, 2009, and 2014)|
· Completion of Senior High School or an equivalent level of education
· Passed SNMPTN (National Selection for Entry into State University), SBMPTN (Joint Selection for the Entry into State University), Seleksi Jalur Prestasi, UTUL UGM (UGM written test), or Seleksi Program Internasional (International Undergraduate Program selection), further details may be accessed at um.ugm.ac.id
· Completion of a minimum of 144 credits, including Student Community Service (Kuliah Kerja Nyata or KKN) and Undergraduate Thesis
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
· Completed all compulsory courses with grades no lower than C
· Total D grades received does not exceed 10% of total grades received
· Received no E grades
· Passed the undergraduate thesis defense
|Address||Sosio-Justisia 1, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta, 55281, Indonesia|
The graduates of UPIR UGM shall be competent to hold a profession in at least one of the following fields:
- diplomatic affairs
- transnational affairs
At the end of the program, students are expected to have seven competences, specified into the following knowledge, attitudes, and skills:
- explain peace, justice, and civility,
- appraise basic concepts and recent developments in the field of IR (specifically in the subfields of Global Politics and Security, Peace and Conflict Studies, or International Political Economy and Development, as well as in the area studies of AMEURO, AFROMEAS, and/or ASPAC),
- develop critical thinking and determination to learn beyond classroom,
- develop awareness, solidarity, creativity, and nonviolent activism as responses to social, political, economic, and cultural issues affected by international relations,
- formulate ideas eloquently in written, oral, and multimedia formats,
- participate and take leadership in multicultural interactions, including in foreign political, social, economic, and cultural systems, and
- perform diplomacy, negotiation, mediation, and facilitation.
Here are the registration methods for prospective students at the Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Our curriculum aims to help students plan their own studies through substances and guidelines.
Thesis and Literature Catalog
There are currently 3,172 copies of International Relations theses and/or literature available on our online catalog.