INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Institute of International Studies (IIS) was established in 2010 as a research arm, publication and advocacy unit under the Department of International Studies Universitas Gadjah Mada. As a department-attached research institution, IIS pursues to develop an understanding of the international issues on a theoretical level and put it on a practical level for the realization of peace and justice. IIS is a home to lecturers, students, academic staffs and researchers of Department of International Relations Studies committed to deepening and employing their expertise in the research, policy advocacy, academic writing and publication, as well as community service activities.
VISION AND MISSION
A Civilized, Just, Peaceful Global Society.
- Undertake and develop high-quality research and analysis on conceptual and policy-relevant issues
- Provide consulting services to interested institutions in the relevant field
- Enhance the quality and quantity of the publications while providing wider access for interested public
- Engage in public advocacy and campaigning
- Expand national and international partners by intensifying outreaching activities
- Organize conferences, seminars, trainings, and workshops
Institute of International Studies (IIS) is established under the Department of International Relations Universitas Gadjah Mada. Head of Department serves as an Ex Officio Director for the institution. Underneath, the Manager is responsible for daily institutional operations. Within the purview of IIS, there are three main areas of daily workings of operations: Administrative Staff, Financial Staff, and IT Staff. In these responsibilities of conducting research and others, IIS is assisted by five main divisions: Division of Research, Division of Advocacy, Division of Publication and Dissemination, Program on European Studies (EUROS), and Program on Humanitarian Action (PoHA).