“towards a just, peaceful, and civilised global society”
Founded in 1957, the Undergraduate Program in International Relations at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UPIR UGM) is the first of its kind in Indonesia.
Since 2011, UPIR UGM offers both a regular and an international program. Under Kurikulum 2015, it offers three concentrations:
- Global Politics and Security
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- International Political Economy and Development
The graduates of UPIR UGM shall be competent to hold a profession in at least one of the following fields:
- diplomatic affairs
- transnational affairs
At the end of the program, students are expected to have seven competences, specified into the following knowledge, attitudes, and skills:
- explain peace, justice, and civility,
- appraise basic concepts and recent developments in the field of IR (specifically in the subfields of Global Politics and Security, Peace and Conflict Studies, or International Political Economy and Development, as well as in the area studies of AMEURO, AFROMEAS, and/or ASPAC),
- develop critical thinking and determination to learn beyond classroom,
- develop awareness, solidarity, creativity, and nonviolent activism as responses to social, political, economic, and cultural issues affected by international relations,
- formulate ideas eloquently in written, oral, and multimedia formats,
- participate and take leadership in multicultural interactions, including in foreign political, social, economic, and cultural systems, and
- perform diplomacy, negotiation, mediation, and facilitation.
Here are the registration methods for prospective students at the Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Our curriculum aims to help students plan their own studies through substances and guidelines.
Thesis and Literature Catalog
There are currently 3,172 copies of International Relations theses and/or literature available on our online catalog.