The most awaited competition, International Humanitarian Law Debate Competition and Roleplay Simulation’s registration is now open!
The competition will be held at Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta on 17th-19th August 2018.
- The 2018 National Debate Competition on International Humanitarian Law is organized by the Regional Delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Indonesia and Timor-Leste in cooperation with Institute of International Studies and Department of International Relations, Universitas Gadjah Mada as the Organizing Committee.
- The venue of the Competition is at Universitas Gadjah Mada located in Yogyakarta.
- The Competition will be held on Friday, 17th of August until Sunday, 19th of August 2018.
- English will be the official working language of the Competition. All debates, adjudications, and formal announcements will be done in English.
- The main theme of the Competition is the International Humanitarian Law, otherwise known as the Law Applicable during Armed Conflicts.
- The debate competition will use the Australasian (Australian-Asian) Parliamentary Debate.
- All participants must participate in the Role Play round. The Role Play round will be conducted on the same day after all participants have finished their Preliminary Round.
- The Competition is open for students of International Relations Department (Jurusan Hubungan Internasional) of universities across Indonesia.
- The Competition is open for only 1 (one) team delegation from each participating university.
- Each delegation shall consist of one team of 3 (three) active undergraduate International Relations students who will become the debaters.
- A person is ineligible to participate in the Competition if he or she has ever participated in the previous National Debate Competition on International Humanitarian Law.
- Each delegation will also be accompanied by 1 (one) faculty advisor, who is either an active lecturer of the university or a debate coach. The faculty advisor must be declared accordingly. The faculty advisor will automatically act as adjudicator (as will be explained further). One team may not have more than 1 (one) faculty advisor.
- There will be only 24 teams that able to join the competition (if the quota has already fulfilled, registration will be closed). There will be no selection process. Those who sent the registration email and proof of payment first, will be officially registered as a participant.
- There will be 1 (one) “Newbie Scholarship” for the first registered team from the university that never join this competition before. The scholarship will cover the accommodation and transportation fees.
- Go to ugm.id/formIHL to download the registration form
- Complete the required documents as listed below:
- Registration form.
- Official letter stating the status of coach/adjudicator/faculty adviser (there is no specific format).
- Letter of statement for never joining this competition before (there is no specific format)..
- Make the team payment of IDR 250.000 by transferring it to BNI (cab. UGM YOGYA) 0535479404 under the name of Bella Victoria.
- Submit the required documents to email@example.com along with the photo of transfer payment proof before August 1, 2018.
- Once you have received the confirmation e-mail, you are officially registered as the participant of IHL Debate 2018.
- For further information, please contact Tania +6285859706233, Sandra +6285973812077 (Whatsapp), Jonathan +6281337205132 (Whatsapp).